California Gender Discrimination Lawyers
No one should feel out of place at work based on their gender. Discrimination should not be tolerated. We understand that you are probably going through a very hard time because you have been discriminated against based on your gender. Our California gender discrimination lawyers are here to help. Call us as soon as you can.
How Our California Gender Discrimination Lawyers Can Help
Odds are, you’ve never had to bring a case like this before. There are a lot of complexities to an employment law case. We don’t expect you to become experts in defending gender discrimination cases overnight. We have spent our careers becoming experts to help people like you. Let us handle the tricky legal work. We will make this confusing time clear for you. All you have to do is call.
Am I Being Discriminated Against Based on Gender?
Gender discrimination can be defined as anything that makes you feel unsafe or singled out based on your gender. You might feel discriminated against if your entire workplace is a different gender than you and they are frequently engaging in inappropriate behavior. That might include lewd jokes. It also could be a certain tone that coworkers of a different gender use when addressing you. One sure way to know if you are being discriminated against based on your gender is to discuss the details of your case with our California gender discrimination lawyers.
Examples of Gender Discrimination in the Workplace
There are many different ways you may face gender discrimination. Here are a few common scenarios:
- You got passed up for a job because the employer did not think you would fit into the male dominated workplace
- You get paid less than a male coworker with the same position
- You did not get promoted because your employer thought your staff wouldn’t respect your authority in the role
- You get a different workload than your male coworkers because of your sex
- Being told to wear a different uniform than male coworkers, especially clothing that is revealing
Scenarios That Show Gender Discrimination
- Geraldine applies to be an Account Executive. She has many years of experience working on accounts. She doesn’t hear from the company right away so decides to give them a call. The hiring manager gets on the phone and says, “I’m sorry. All of our Account Executives are male employees and we just don’t think you’d fit in with the environment.”
- Abby has been at a call center where she gets to know a coworker, Mark. He was hired around the same time as her and they graduated with the same degree and were hired right out of college. Abby discovers that he is getting paid a higher wage than her.
- Jessica applies to work with a construction job. She has the proper training and the license she needs. She is told by the employer that they aren’t sure if they want to bring her in because they are worried she can’t keep up. They tell her they are willing to give her a chance to prove herself while being paid a reduced wage.
Know When to Talk to a Lawyer
You can talk to a lawyer at any time, but it is best to bring your case to a lawyer right away. It is not a bad idea, however, to try to exhaust all of your options at your workplace in the meantime. Consult with HR about your gender discrimination case. Talk to your supervisors about it. If you’re not comfortable doing that, then you should definitely talk to a lawyer. If you do feel comfortable, however, try doing everything you can first at work. If nothing is done to solve your issue, you can build a strong case.
During a consultation with a California gender discrimination lawyer, you can find out what you need to do to help them defend your case. It is important that you don’t delay seeing a lawyer.
We Will Protect You from Retaliation
It’s really intimidating to talk to HR or your supervisor about gender discrimination. You don’t want to cause waves because you’re afraid you’re going to get fired if you do. What we strongly urge you to do is seek help anyway. Your employers are not allowed to retaliate against you for bringing a gender discrimination case. We can help you if they do wrongfully retaliate against you. You have a right to feel safe at work. You have a right to bring a case.
Call Our California Gender Discrimination Lawyers Today
We hope that you feel safe at work every single day, but that’s not always the case. If you are being discriminated against because of your gender, contact Myers Law Group today. We can help.
Follow us on Facebook